Friday, August 27, 2010

I Found Stairs!

Soooo...the stairs were the scariest part of the whole flooring extravaganza.  I was just about to embark on my first real construction project when I found...wooden stairs under the carpet!!!!  I was more than excited.  Then I got gutsy and decided to look at the stairs leading downstairs and I found TILE!  Love. Overall, a fabulous afternoon.  Now to start cleaning...


Here is a picture of what it looked like in the beginning:



First we took down the rail. My goal is to make the style of the house continuous. The rail really did not go with open feeling of our main floor. 



All cleaned up after scrubbing, spackling, sanding and taping, I am ready for my favorite part.  Paint!  I decided to use the trim color in my house for the risers on the stairs.


All done!!!  I also painted the red tile by the stairs.  Pictures on Monday!



No comments:

Post a Comment