Monday, November 22, 2010

playhouse to greenhouse :: phase one

My dad has owned this house since I was in 5th grade.  It's great to live here as an adult and have all the kid memories. One fabulous memory was building this playhouse in the back yard.




Well...except for the fact that we never finished it. Since my husband Michael and I have moved in, it has constantly bothered me, but i could not figure out exactly what I wanted to do with it. I found this amazing idea on Instructables. Michael and I also loved the idea of putting a pitched corrugated tin roof on the front to make a porch. So we have a plan, but we needed tons of scrap wood to make this project real.


I started my search for windows on Craigs List. I ended up finding a great deal for the first wall. 






I already feel so excited to have just one wall up! Keep checking back for more updates and more walls. This one might take a while because I really want to use scrap materials. Send me a message if you have wood or windows that you do not need. Ultimately my goal is to have it done by spring so that we can use it for storage and a greenhouse!!!





.


1 comment:

  1. There is this awesome antique place in bluff park that has a lot of window panes, but they are a little pricey. I think about $10-25.

    -Erica Mazer

    ReplyDelete